Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How to Add Pizazz on a Budget...

My bedroom needs some pizazz.  (Get your mind out of the gutter - I mean the decor needs pizazz.) 

Kyle and I have had our bedroom in about four different rooms in this house, and ultimately, after the Great Basement Flood of September 2010, we moved our master bedroom back to its original location next to the master bath downstairs.  I have been quite happy with this decision because the bedroom had new carpeting, new paint, and the bathroom has new vinyl flooring and we each have our own vanity with two drawers apiece!  A vanity to myself is quite the luxury in my eyes, and short of having my own bathroom, its the next best thing.  We also have far more closet space in this bedroom than in any other room of the house.  What I love most is how bright this room is now with its Cascade White Behr paint and light carpet.   It previously had the horrendous dark blue carpet that the rest of our house is cursed with.  

I just have to find a few ways to make it a little more cozy and (sorry Kyle) feminine.  I'm thinking I want some kind of frilly/lacy comforter like this one from the Shabby Chic line at Target.  
I'm also loving these shams from the same line. 
 
Alas, we are currently on a mission to reduce our debt substantially, so new bedding isn't in the cards at the moment, but a girl can dream...

Our room needs a little splash of color.  I love love love lots of white and bright.  I have a photo wall on one side of the room, and I spray paint the frames to match in a chocolate brown color.  I'm thinking I need a little soft pink or lavender to add a bit of color but nothing too crazy. 

Any ideas? Especially ideas for an extremely tight budget? 

1 comment:

  1. Our room is purple and blue (I added the blue so it wasn't too girly for TJ, LOL). If you are going with chocolate brown frames, I would do pink accents. What color is your current comforter? Could you do new pillows to give it a little bit of newness for not too much money? I love Ross, they usually have great deals.

    ReplyDelete