Friday, May 18, 2012

Lazy Days in the Sun...


Pip and I are in agreement that these 70-something degree days are perfection.  They are what made those below zero temps and 50 mph winter winds bearable.  Around 4pm each day we venture out to the yard and soak up some sun until Kyle gets home.  Pip has various stages of sun-bathing.  He starts out looking around, peering at the birds, the clouds, and anything else that moves.   
 Then he tries to look at the sun but gets all squinty-eyed in the process. 
 Finally, his eyes close and he starts to relax and just soak up some sun. 
I'm probably a bad mother because I don't put sunscreen on him.  So far neither of us has fallen asleep long enough to wake up scorched.  While Pip sleeps, I read my Nook.  I am thankful to the Nook developers for making my Nook screen glare-free.  It's so nice to have a readable screen even when I am in the sunshine.  It is easier to read than a white-paged novel even with sunglasses on.  


So thankful for warm sunshine.  It's quite wonderful.  Pip thinks so, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment