Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Little Word 2012...

Photo by Dan

Playing along with Ali Edward's One Little Word for the second year, I've given lots of thought to what my word should be.  Instead of making resolutions that I know will break, I pick a word that I want to see more of in my life for the coming year.  Last year I picked "peace", and as much as I was looking forward to seeing what new word picked me for 2012, I have concluded that my word will once again be "peace".  I lost my footing some in 2011 and I didn't put as much effort into creating peace the way I intended.  I am already taking some steps to change this in 2012.  

Kyle and I are taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University starting this Wednesday.  Several friends or family members have already taken this class and have reaped various rewards from it.  I will post as we take this journey to bring us some financial peace.  I am very excited about the class and the prospect of, someday, being debt free. 


I am seeing a new psychiatrist, and though it may take a year to two years, he promises he can help me find the medications I need to treat the bipolar disorder I have.  He says I present a challenge to him, but he is sure he can help me.  That is a considerably life-changing promise.  Treatment of my bipolar symptoms could mean more creativity, better ability to write, and return to gainful employment, all of which mean a considerable amount of peace.


I am enrolled as a member of Fitness One.  I will endeavor to lose the weight I regained, as well as the last twenty additional pounds I needed to lose to reach my goal weight.  It's been three years since my gastric bypass, and while I'm still much smaller than I was when I had the surgery, bad habits have worked their way into my life and psychiatric medications have caused unwanted weight gain.  I know I will be more at peace with my depression and my body size and shape if I workout regularly. 


Kyle and I have made some important decisions about our family and the lifestyle we will have together.  I will be sharing these decisions as part of my blog in the coming year.  I will be working to be at peace with the way life is when it's out of my control, and to be at peace with the decisions we make as a team. This will bring me peace in my marriage, my life in general and make peace in other avenues more attainable.  


I'm going to apply for grant money to expand the services my nonprofit depression and bipolar disorder group offers in order to bring more peace to others, as well.  


2012 offers a lot of hope for change in many great ways, and I intend to put much effort into making those changes happen often and for good throughout the year and into my future years.  Peace is something I will continually have to strive for.  I won't get to the end of 2012 and simply have acquired peace for good.  Just like happiness, peace ebbs and flows and we must make the most of the moments of peace and happiness as they happen.  


What's your word for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment