Friday, July 9, 2010

Obsessive Compulsive Organizer

I am a very organized person.  Walking into an office supply store quickens my heartbeat and engages my salivary glands.  I love dividers, pens, paper clips, post-its, post-it labels, post-it tabs, index cards, index card file boxes, and my planner.  I organize everything in my house.  I would like to marry my labelmaker.  Organization makes me feel at peace and far less anxiety.  

Today I was making up a new menu planner and a new shopping list.  The ones I had weren't functioning very well for me.  Since I had gastric bypass surgery, in order to get adequate nutrition - especially the recommended 90 grams of protein - I have to eat six small meals a day.  Most menus I could find online only had space for one snack, but I need one after each main meal.  So I designed my own menu and shopping list, which I like to print back to back on one sheet of paper, having the menu and shopping list together on one sheet of paper.  I thought I would share these with you, especially those of you who are bariatric patients like myself.  Though I should be eating only three meals, I have to eat more in order to get the amount of nutrients I need.  

Menu PDF

Feel free to copy these lists for your personal use.  For any other use, please contact me for permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment