Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Little Slice of Summer...

Summer is finally here.  Oh, how I yearned for summer back in March when the snow piled up and the frigid winds rattled the windows until I thought I would scream if nicer weather didn't show up soon.  I didn't know then that nice weather was a good two months away.  Here's a look at some of my favorite bits of this summer so far...

Lilacs are my favorite flower.  Here only for a few days each year, they then are just a memory.  I inhale their intoxicating scent each morning, wishing I could catch it in a bottle to sustain me the year through.
Love me some blue sky.  Clouds are fun and pretty, but blue sky is mesmerizing.
This little Goober looks innocent enough as he soaks up the morning rays.  He's secretly charging his solar batteries so he can drive Mama crazy later.
Every fine summer morning should involve some rough-housing in the sunshine.
My favorite place to be - my fluffy pillow with my favorite lavender case, my straw hat and a good read.
Our Columbine is taking off like crazy.
Our bachelor buttons are always the first to peep out.
Cosmos soon follow.
There's pleasure in waiting to see what will grow in the wildflower beds that Kyle plants.  It's a surprise!
Mostly I just love being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment